This post has a short check list of questions you need to ask before you go ahead and join a network marketing company.
Why the Need for This Check List?
One of the reasons why many struggle and don’t become successful in MLM is because they don’t fully understand what is network marketing. Lots of them come in with a mindset that network marketing is all about selling someone a package. Others come in with a false sense of expectation that their sponsor is completely responsible for them being able to create success in their MLM business.
What only a few come to understand is that network marketing is a real business that involves serious, hard work. The only way for you to find out if joining an MLM company will be the best option for you right now is by asking the right questions.
Other Uses of this Check List
If you’re reading this and you’ve been a network marketer for some time, asking these questions every now and then will help you assess yourself and get back into the right mindset, especially if you’ve been going through some tough times. You can also use these questions as part of your company’s get started training to help your new sign ups to fully understand what is network marketing and how they can create success here.
Here are the 10 Questions to Ask Before Joining an MLM Company
- Why do you want to join an MLM company? Seriously…why are you thinking about joining a network marketing company in the first place? You need to really get this very clear in your mind and in your head because this is the very thing that you will look back at whenever things start getting tough.
- Do you understand what the are the company’s monthly requirements? All MLM companies have a set list of monthly requirements they expect those that join to comply with in order to keep their accounts active and receive commissions. It’s important to make sure that you understand what these requirements are so that you will be able to gauge if this is something that would be achievable coming from where you’re at, or if it will just be an added burden.
- How long do you see yourself in the MLM company you’re planning to join? Although it’s true that there are some network marketers that have managed to build successful teams and earn huge profits within a short period of time, there are also a lot more people out there that only started seeing results in their MLM business after working at it for years.
- How committed are you in getting the results you want? If you have given yourself a set time frame to get the results you want, chances are your sponsor will be giving you the corresponding amount of work that you will need to do within the set period of time you gave in order to see the result you expect. This, of course, will only happen if you’re really committed to making it happen.
- Are you ready to get rejected? This is in line with number 5. One of the things you need to expect when you join a network marketing company is that people will reject you. Often, the first ones who will reject you will be those that you expected to support you–your spouse, your parents, your best friend. If the idea of getting rejected over and over again on a daily basis may be a bit overwhelming for you, you may need to think twice about joining a network marketing company.
- Are you coachable? Being coachable means that you’ll need to swallow up your pride and be willing to be trained by people that may not come from the same social class, race, or educational background. For many, this is way too much to ask. Instead, they go ahead and do things their way only to end up getting frustrated of not seeing any results. When that happens, they end up quitting.
- Do you know the role of your sponsor? This is a very common misconception people people have the moment they join an MLM company. They expect that their sponsor will do most, if not all, of the work for them while they just sit around and wait for the success to come in. The reality is, while it’s your sponsor’s responsibility to help you get equipped with the things you need to become successful, your sponsor is not the one going to be doing the work for you. That is your part in this business relationship.
- Are you willing to be accountable with your MLM business? Our sponsors are still human. They make mistakes from time to time. They will also fail us from time to time (not intentionally, though). When these moments happen, are you willing to step up and continue on building your business, or will you start blaming your sponsor for the lack of success you see in your business?
- Do you have the patience to lead a team? Network marketing is all about finding quality people and helping them build their own businesses. That means that you will come across a variety of people. There will be some with whom you’ll have a smooth business relationship with. At the same time, you will find a few rather colorful individuals out there that seem to know all the things to do to really take you to the edge.
- Do you strongly believe in what your MLM company stands for and is about? Just like applying for a job, you’d want to be a part of an MLM company that shares the same beliefs and principles that you have.
Now, you probably may be wondering why I only included 1 question about the MLM company in the entire list. The reason is very simple: success and failure in network marketing doesn’t lie on the company, the product, the compensation plan, or even your sponsor. You are the only one that will determine whether joining an MLM company will be the best or worst decision you will ever make.
What other questions do you think someone planning to join a network marketing company should ask? Share it in the comments below.
If you found value in this, please do share this post to your team as well as friends and family who are planning on joining a network marketing company.